Cheers to A New Year
This year, I took a new approach. Instead of inquiring about New Year's resolutions, I asked loved ones what they thought was the best thing about 2023. I thought I would post my response because it was intriguing to see what they had to say!
This is Bear. He is my empty nester dog. He is without a doubt my best purchase for 2023. He is my first male dog, and I have never had a better dog! He brings so much pleasure and fun to our quiet house and gets me out walking every day. Friends and family laugh at my extreme attachment to him!
My two daughters began full-time jobs this year. Anna teaches fifth grade in Ferndale, while Hope works as a software engineer at PACCAR. As parents, we are incredibly proud! We love seeing them often because they are roommates together in Bellingham.
I also have felt very fortunate over the past year in my business. It was a big decision to go back to solo. I sincerely appreciate all of the clients' support. I am thankful for the work life balance that I never was able to achieve when the business was bigger. I owe a big thank you to all of you reading this right now!
What was your favorite thing about 2023? Please share! I wish you a prosperous and fortunate new year in 2024.
Tips For A Positive New Year That Don't Include Dieting or Exercise
1. Spend quality time with your pets
2. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants
3. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can know that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
4. Take a morning walk of gratitude. It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
5. Instead of being disappointed about where you are think optimistically about where you are going.
6. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
7. Make a difference in the lives of others.
8. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
9. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, hospital energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
11. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
12. Live with the 3 E’s. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
13. Remember there’s no substitute for hard work
14. Learn from mistakes and let them teach you to make positive changes.
15. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
Skin Care Goals: A New You for the New Year
This is my favorite piece from the Bellingham Alive archives. It still rings true today.
"As the new year approaches, I prefer to focus on goals rather than resolutions or rules that must be followed. Here are my personal goals for glowing skin..(click to read)