With all the products out there, sometimes it's hard to know what's good to put on your face and what's not. Here is a list of 5 skincare ingredients that have been proven to yield healthy, younger looking skin:
- Retinoids: These Vitamin A derivatives increase collagen, speed cell renewal and unclog pores (Jan Marini Retinol Plus)
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs): AHAs help slough away dead skin cells, skin feels smoother, pore size is minimized, skin is more luminous. (Alphaplex, Alpha Advance, Bioclear)
- Hyaluronic Acid: This sugar is found naturally in our bodies as a joint lubricant. It plumps and draws water to the skin, works great under makeup! (Antioxidant Daily Face protectant, Beautiful Day/Night)
- Antioxidants: Free radicals that can cause cell damage are disabled with antioxidants, they help with sun protection as well and Vitamin C helps with collagen production (Antioxidant Daily Face protectant, Cesta Serum)
- SPF: The best way to keep your skin from aging and protect yourself from deadly skin cancer, SPF needs to be worn daily to be effective! Find a formula you love to wear, try our oil absorbing, lightweight Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 33.